A passionate energy industry professional, motivated by engineering excellence coupled with a vision for technological progress.
Three decades of global experience with a specific focus on Europe, the Middle East & North Africa.
Meticulous and analytical in his approach, driven by a desire to achieve operational excellence in challenging environments. Constantly on the lookout for new opportunities to excel, and with a constant willingness to work outside his comfort zone.
Possesses a willing penchant for mentoring and training Interns, Graduates & Junior Engineers. These responsibilities continuously assigned over the past twelve years, involving individuals spanning half a dozen nationalities across three continents.
A recognised Subject Matter Expert of multiple and overlapping disciplines at varying career stages, including:
- Engineering, Scientific and IT Research & Development, (’87 – ‘94).
- Turnkey ‘Drilling in the Nineties’, (‘94 – ‘96).
- Multilateral Wellbore Construction, (’96 – ’07).
- Thru Tubing Rotary Drilling & Advanced Casing Exits, (’99 – ’07).
- Drilling Optimisation in Fractured Carbonate Gas Reservoirs, (’07 – ’10)
- Wildcat Exploration, including HPHT in Hard Rock Environments, (’10 – Present).
With an awareness that the upstream oil and gas industry continues to face economic challenges, Steve has a well-honed passion for technologies that deliver the most appealing cost savings, while simultaneously limiting environmental exposure.
Steve’s top three personal lessons learned over three decades?
- Never assume anything.
- Always have a backup plan which considers every potential ‘what-if’ scenario.
- Challenge conventional wisdom and play devil’s advocate at every opportunity.
With a vision for the future, a desire to explore the ongoing seismic shift in energy supply and consumption is compelling. As an early adopter with an active interest and shareholding in a windfarm cooperative for over 10-years, a passion for change was ignited long ago.
Links between climate change and our carbonised world are hard to dispel or ignore.
Steve founded EarthResPro to fully explore the opportunities of knowledge sharing the phenomenal engineering & logistical know-how of the petroleum industry.
As we embark on an exciting era for Earth Resource Professionals, career trajectories will inevitably be impacted. Steve remains optimistic that companies such as EarthResPro will be a catalyst for multi-disciplinary careers spanning the numerous earth resource industry segments.